The client, Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation, commonly abbreviated as MTDC, is a body of the Government of Maharashtra responsible for development of tourism in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It has been established under the Companies Act, 1956, (fully owned by Govt. of Maharashtra) for systematic development of tourism on commercial lines, with an authorized share capital of Rs. 25 crore. Since Inception it’s been involved in the development and maintenance of the various tourist locations of Maharashtra. MTDC owns and maintains resorts at all key tourist centers and having more resorts is on the plan.
Being in the financial services market, the client was keen to improve its client acquisition, business reputation and operations management. It had invested heavily into people resources and applications but was not happy with the results. It wanted more visibility, brand building and customer requests which was not adequate from traditional channels. It wanted to integrate its website as part of the core marketing function. It needed a multi-track approach to the generation of qualified traffic and the generation of leads. Also it lacked the technical expertise which it wanted to outsource as a strategic initiative towards cost reduction.
In keeping with its expansion plans, the tourist operator had to ensure a near 100% uptime service in order to ensure continual operations and customer loyalty. Its requirement was support in its router infrastructure spread across the country. The scope involved network management, WAN monitoring, Lease Line and ISDN maintenance. Among other tasks the activities covered Monitoring & management of the WAN equipment i.e. fault management, performance management & vendor management to guarantee higher uptime, onsite service delivery model with committed SLA with multi-level integrated team and deployment of Industry standard processes based on ITIL
- Reduced IT operational issues through Proactive management & reporting
- Adherence to global standard process and practices
- Standardization of WAN to simplify day-to-day operations
- Increased adherence of Service Levels agreements
- Allows the customer to focus on core business of the company
Learnings – These are some important findings
- Adherence to standard best practices ensures less complexities
- Backup plans of contingencies and availability should be ready always
- Presentability and ease of use in documentations and layouts creates more usage of systems