The client, Reliance Industries is part of the Reliance Group, founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani (1932-2002), is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 66 billion. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 500 company and is the largest private sector company in India
Operating in a global market, the client’s business operations were supported by a SAP backbone across multiple locations. Due to the distributed and diversified number of locations, the existing SAP support team operating at nine different locations was stretched for resolving SAP related queries. The ability to reduce costs and resolve SAP ERP issues, within defined time frames, was crucial for competitive advantage. This made it imperative for the client to: Need for flexibility to accommodate ad-hoc requirements, Streamline the process of handling calls; Reduce the high cost of supporting and maintaining SAP infrastructure and Transition from a distributed support model to a centralized process model.
The engagement scope included SAP business warehouse and core SAP modules supporting warehouse management, materials management, sales & distribution, production planning and customer relationship management. C Ahead’s designed the SAP production support and development service model based on its proven onsite-offshore model wherein the onsite team handles priority 1 tickets, analyzes user requests and designs technical specifications. We designed the SAP production support and development service model based on its proven onsite-offshore model.
- Significant reduction in number of support tickets raised.
- Significant cost reduction in the first four months of the engagement.
- Increase in the available number of customer self-service options.
- Seamless management tracking to help address potential critical issues without affecting service levels.
Learnings – Key to success were
- Training in the Train the Trainer fashion ensures quick results
- There can be basic IT issues at the root cause of technical problems within systems that may shadow or limit any enterprise software functioning
- Ensuring best practices are followed reduces cost overruns in the long term