The client, Dupont, for more than 200 years, has brought world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace through innovative products, materials and services. Its marketdriven innovation introduces thousands of new products and patent applications every year, serving markets as diverse as agriculture, nutrition, electronics and communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel. Today, DuPont is proud to build on this heritage by partnering with others to tackle the unprecedented challenges in food, energy and protection now facing our world.
Business Challenge – The client recognized that it had to get customer wise, in order to leverage the potential of every customer as a valuable resource to boost company profits. It was experiencing the following challenges
Client’s business processes were streamlined but needed the technology support to manage challenges on the ground. Changing consumer demands, eroding brand loyalty, and complex supply networks mandated the need to optimize costs, increase efficiencies and find ways to get the right products in the right place at the right time. Effective Supplier Relationship Management was not in place to maintain and build the increased efficiency, control and collaboration with global supply networks.
C Ahead delivered solutions on the SAP platform with Convergys, enabling the company to synchronize supply with demand and utilise strategic sourcing to achieve cost efficiencies as well as customer satisfaction. From implementing sourcing strategies and efficient procurement processes to building strategic relationship with the suppliers was part of the implementation roadmap. We conducted a feasibility study for new solutions available in SAP SRM 7.0- like MDM catalog management; BRF based workflows and developed enhancements. Contracts/Product Master/Suppliers were replicated from SRM through XI. Catalog Content Management 2.0 was replaced by Master Data Management 3.0.
Benefits – The client got advantages like
- Improved Process control helped to manage the entire operational part with ease
- Clear task management and accountability became possible
- The potential of a holistic approach to purchasing and supply management was uncovered
- Almost zero latency achieved between suppliers and purchase and accounts departments
- Deploy solutions after clearly understanding the Risks involved and take some actions
- Document the coding and configuration process properly to avoid time overruns
- Manage stakeholder expectations properly