The client, ABB, is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. Technology plays a key role for ABB and all its activities all over the world working to develop unique technologies that make our customers more competitive, while minimizing environmental impact.
Market and regulatory changes required a multi-vendor-based environment for sustained productivity improvement. Ineffective demand management processes. Requirements engineering and management processes called for improvement. In addition they required an upgrade from existing version 4.0 to 4.6c for better functionalities.
- Best-in-class cost-to serve and cost-to-change
- High customer retention and delight
- Growth across regions
- Formation of IT Delivery organization to achieve business targets
- Numerous SAP instances
- Management of multiple subcontractors
Project Highlights – We understood the client business culture and devised improvement strategies. We provided
- Level 2 Maintenance and Support SAP Applications – Portal, Logistics, Finance, HR, FICO, SD, MM, PP, QM, Reporting (BW), System Management and Solution Manager
- Enhancements in SAP for the above modules
- Process Improvement Services: Requirement Engineering, Demand Management, Configuration Management, Documentation Management, etc.
- Technical improvements suggested and implemented leading to a decrease in incidents by up to 85% in specific areas. Reduced cost per incident by 30%
- Successfully collaborated with the client on the upgrade of SAP version 4.0 to 4.6c
- Reduced the number of subcontractors from 18 to 2
- Best SLA adherence achieved over one – year period
Learnings – We became conscious to aspects like:
- Methodical approach to planning ensures less faults
- Involving the business stakeholders in active engagement helps better expectations management
- Higher visibility into business challenges of the customer makes process easier