The client, GE Energy Financial Services, invest globally across the capital spectrum in essential, long-lived and capital-intensive energy assets that meet the world’s energy needs. In addition to capital, GE Energy Financial Services offers the best of GE’s technical know-how, technology innovation, financial strength and rigorous risk management. Based in Stamford, Connecticut, the GE business unit helps its customers and GE grow through new investments, strong partnerships and optimization of its approximately $20 billion in assets.
The client recognized that it had to get customer wise, in order to leverage the potential of every customer as a valuable resource to boost company profits. It was experiencing the following challenges:
- Managing customer relationships and lengthy sales cycles
- Lack of integration between different customer touch points, such as phone, fax, e-mail, and Web
- The necessity of providing sales representatives access to up-to-date sales data gathered across the enterprise
A combination of our GD Model and best-in-class methodology for Siebel implementation was the strategy C Ahead adopted. This resulted in cost advantages and faster project completion. The project comprised two phases, with Phase I focusing on the existing system architecture and functionality. Phase II focused on development work on various tracks like upgrade of Siebel to a higher version, optimization of code, implementation of campaign management and the like. The implementation was subjected to stress and volume testing to simulate extreme situations that might occur in production.
- Our customer realized these benefits in the first 2 months of the go live:
- Increased end customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Reduced sales management costs
- Faster decision making
- Easy to keep track of market trends, competitive moves, customer pulse
- An implementation strategic framework must include user-adoption strategy
- Create a measurable tracking and performance management tracker for successful user adoption
- Maintain constant communication over project deliverables at all stages